Last updated: 6 November 2012
Foot Locker New Zealand, Inc. (“Foot Locker”) is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers. Foot Locker is bound by the Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1993 (the “Act”).
1. How does Foot Locker collect personal information?
Foot Locker collects personal information that is necessary for our business activities and in order to provide and develop our services and products. We may do this in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide it to us or our agents or contractors;
- from transactions via a member’s The Locker membership;
- from publicly available resources;
- by analysing our own records of the Website; or
- from third parties (where you have consented to such collection or as permitted by applicable law).
Foot Locker may ask you to provide personal information (such as name, age, mailing address, phone number, email address and password) when you:
- complete a survey;
- participate in one of our competitions;
- sign up for The Locker rewards;
- download and use The Locker application;
- log in to The Locker;
- connect via Facebook; or
- contact us.
Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in certain website, loyalty and/or other services not being available to you.
2. Passive information collection
As you navigate through the Website, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information) through various technologies, such as cookies, internet tags or web beacons and navigational data collection.
The Website may use and combine such passively collected anonymous information to provide better services to Website visitors, customise the Website based on your preferences, compile and analyse statistics and trends and otherwise administer and improve the Website for your use.
Foot Locker does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under the age of sixteen (16), you need to get permission from your parent or guardian before providing any personal information to us or signing up to The Locker rewards program.
Foot Locker encourages parents to take an active role in their children's use of the Internet, and to inform them of the potential dangers of providing information about themselves over the Internet.
4. Use of personal information
The personal information we collect from you may be used by us (and our employees, officers, agents and contractors) and our related companies within the Foot Locker group of companies for the following purposes:
- to provide rewards or information pertaining to your The Locker rewards membership;
- to answer any of your queries or otherwise contact you if necessary;
- to allow you to participate in our competitions and other promotions;
- to help us learn more about the visitors to our Website so that we can improve your in-store shopping experience and our business;
- to address problems with the Website, The Locker application, our business or our products and services;
- to provide you with information about sales, promotions, and products from Foot Locker, its family of companies, and carefully selected third parties;
- to develop and maintain our relationship with you and generally to do business with you; and
- any other purpose disclosed to you at the time your personal information is collected.
5. Disclosure of personal information
Foot Locker will not disclose your personal information to any third parties except:
- to third parties appointed by Foot Locker, including our website hosting partner and advertising partner, who assist us to perform services (in which case Foot Locker requires these contractors to keep your personal information confidential and not to use or disclose it for any purpose other than the purpose of performing those services);
- where you have expressly consented, to carefully selected third party partners, so that they may inform you of offers, promotions and services;
- in the unlikely event that Foot Locker or its assets are acquired by a third party, the information may be provided to that third party;
- in exceptional circumstances, Foot Locker may be required or authorised by law to disclose personal information, for example to law enforcement authorities or to prevent a serious threat to public safety; or
- otherwise with your consent or where we believe it is appropriate to protect our rights
If Members add product to their Locker via 'Own it, Want it, Vote it' on their profile, Members consent to contents of their Locker to be visible to others online and in the Foot Locker social media feeds.
6. Links to other websites
The Website contains links to other (external) websites which may have privacy policies that differ from our own. Foot Locker is not responsible for the content of any external website. We encourage you to always review the privacy policies of external websites before providing any personal information.
7. Handling of personal information
Foot Locker will take reasonable steps to protect all personal information held by it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Some of our security features require you to use an SSL-compliant browser such as Netscape 4.0 or later, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or later, 5.0 AOL client for PCs or the 5.0 AOL client for Macs.
8. Accessing your personal information
The Locker members can change or correct the personal information previously provided by selecting “My Locker” on the Website and updating their information using the options on that page.
You may seek access to, and correction of, personal information which Foot Locker holds about you and we will provide access to that information in accordance with the Act. There are certain exemptions which may apply to the provision of that information.
Requests for access to personal information held by Foot Locker should be sent to our Head Office via the ‘Other Enquiry’ contact form on the website at www.footlocker.co.nz/contacts.
Foot Locker New Zealand, Inc.
c/o Foot Locker Australia, Inc.
Metroplex Complex, Level 1
16 Terrace Place Murarrie QLD 4172
9. Questions or complaints